Saturday 12 January 2013

How it all began

Posted by Unknown at 00:44

I will begin with the line: "Hi, my name's Jilly, and I'm on Atkins."

I create low carb recipes, and post videos of myself making them on YouTube. Here's one of my low carb Cookie Dough:
I also sell ingredients at www.jillybakes.co.uk
 
 But how did this all begin?

Well, it started in my Gap Year whilst working as a waitress in the heart of New Zealand's fashion capital - Newmarket, Auckland. 

I got fat.

When I arrived in NZ, I was 8 stone. When I returned home, I was 11 and a half. The unlimited supply of muffins and caramel slices at the end of my shifts, the Whittakers chocolate, the endless Cadbury creations in flavours that I had never seen in the UK. If it was sweet, I had to have it.

 I was miserable. Addicted to clothes and shopping, and yet none of the clothes fit. Not only did trousers split when I sat down - but so did leggings. LEGGINGS. Stretchy leggings.

When I got back to England, I had no choice but to diet. My mum had been on the Atkins diet for 7 years, and had started her own business, Avidlite, selling diet products. So, naturally, I followed suit. And, by cutting out carbs, I lost all the weight I had put on by the time my Fresher's Week at Uni began.

And nobody  there knew about my little, fat secret.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jilly Bakes Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos